Disclaimer: As a member of bzzagent, I was given free Starbucks Verdana Blend Blonde Roast K-cups. All opinions and the recipe are 100% my own.
Blonde roast coffee is a lighter coffee, but it still packs a flavor punch. If you or your friends don’t like coffee because it’s bitter in taste then you might really enjoy this Starbucks Verdana Blend Blonde Roast. I thought it would be perfect with a little sweet breakfast treat so I started working on this super amazing CranOat Biscotti with an orange glaze.
I for one always feel like I’m eating somewhat healthy if there are fruits and oats involved in a dish. It can’t all be bad with those two ingredients, right? Of course not. Now I just have to remind myself not to eat 10 of them in one sitting, but it’s really hard!
This recipe might seem a little intimidating when you look at the instructions, but I promise it was far from it. Plus, you’ll get a huge pay off with your morning Starbucks. The sweet and crunchy breakfast treat goes so well with the blonde roast that it’s almost like they were meant to be together!
CRANOAT BISCOTTI WITH ORANGE GLAZE
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c quick cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 c sugar
- t tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 1 c confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 tsp grated orange zest
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. In bowl cream butter.
- 3. Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4. Beat eggs in one at a time.
- 5. Add salt, mace, baking powder, juice and flour.
- 6. Mix thoroughly.
- 7. Stir in grated lemon rind and oats.
- 8. Mix well.
- 9. Drop batter by small spoonful on greased sheets 2 inches apart.
- 10. Bake 10-12 mintues until lightly brown.
- 1. Mix together.