Over the last couple of months, I’ve noticed that my labor playlist is becoming more and more popular. It got me started thinking about how important music has been in our lives and especially that of Sweet Baby J. Those of you who haven’t met him don’t know that he was born into this world with a HUGE personality. He was born with a set of lungs that let you know of his displeasure quickly and loudly. We are blessed to have such a feisty baby though. The truth is though that I am also ever so glad to have one thing that I know will calm him down in an instant. That things is baby’s first playlist. It took awhile to get the perfect set of songs, but I think we’ve done it now. I wanted to share it with you. Please note that not all the songs on baby’s first playlist are children’s songs. These are songs that help Sweet Baby J to calm down though, which is super important to me.
10 Songs on Baby’s First Playlist
- Outdoors – Jason Mraz for Sesame Street
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
- All About That Bass – Meghan Trainor
- I Don’t Know Y – Norah Jones for Sesame Street
- Blank Space – Taylor Swift
- Sugar – Maroon 5
- 1, 2, 3, 4 – Feist for Sesame Street
- Heart Skips a Beat – Lenka
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Counting Stars – One Republic
There are a few other songs that Sweet Baby J loves and that I put into the mix, but I know these are solid winners every time I need to get his attention. He will pretty much immediately settle himself and go to sleep when he hears Uptown Funk. It’s pretty awesome.
What do you have on your baby’s first playlist?