Guys, I got nominated for a Liebster Award! I’d like to thank Everyday Selene for the nomination. It happened a few days ago, and I’m just now getting around to it. I’ve been having some minor difficulty with the pregnancy carpal tunnel that kept me from posting yesterday and is making me a little late today so you’ll just have to bear with me. It’s frustrating for all of us! That being said let’s get onto the fun of what the Liebster Award is about.
Now that I’ve been nominated, I must follow the rules so let’s get started getting to know each other better!
Once you receive this award you must follow a few rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog!
2. Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this amazing award
3. Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you
4. Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself
5. Give 11 questions for those you nominated
I’ll start by answering the questions from Everyday Selene
- Why do you blog?
I blog because I want to share with the world. I want to share things I’ve learned, adventures, and other information with the world. The best way to do that is through a blog.
- If you had a wish, what would you ask for?
Right now I would wish that this baby comes out healthy and happy. My main focus right now is pretty much that the stars align and everything goes as planned for this birth. We’ll all keep the positive thoughts up, yeah?
- From today to ten years…where do you see yourself?
I see myself much like I am right now. I’m pretty happy with life. I’m not saying there won’t be growth and change, but I’m certain the changes will be things we do in order to live out the best life possible. My hubs and I enjoy many of the same things so I know that we’ll continue on the path we’re on with a few bumps in the road, but we’ll just be better in 10 years time.
- What would you like to say to your readers?
I’d like to thank each and every one of them for their support and reading my blog. I know that there are a lot of blogs out there to choose from, and I’m just glad they decide to open up mine daily. I know we all only have a limited amount of time in our days so I can appreciate the fact they spend a few minutes of their time in my little corner of the universe. It makes the 40+ hours a week I work on it feel worthwhile, and I love sharing with them.
- Inspirate your readers.
I’m not really great at creating inspiring quotes. I usually leave that to the likes of Kid President, but I will say one of the most important things you can do is be kind to others. You don’t know each other’s situation, but it shouldn’t matter. The truth is that sometimes you’re going to do something nice for someone who probably doesn’t deserve it, but you can’t know who does and doesn’t appreciate the help. You don’t know what happened to put a person in that situation. You’ll feel better about the world when we’re each helping each other.
- What’s your first thought in the morning?
What’s for breakfast?
- Favorite song?
This is like asking me to pick my favorite child. Okay maybe not so much like that since my favorite child is clearly the yet to be born one I’m lugging around, but it’s pretty hard. I guess I would go with Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman — Bryan Adams
- Favorite snack?
I’d say just about anything with peanut butter.
- Favorite season, and why?
Spring. It’s not too hot, but it’s not too cold. Plus, you’ll see everything start to bloom and take shape. It’s just so colorful.
- A daily resolution?
I just hope to keep powering through most days.
- What do you think about Everyday Selene?
Everyday Selene is an absolutely adorable blog! It’s a great place to get a look into the life of a young Argentinian girl with a big heart and love for fashion!
11 Random Facts About Me
- I always wanted to be a SAHM, and I’m so glad that now I get to realize that goal. I’m so lucky to be able to blog full-time so that I can stay home with the little one!
- I’m a very competitive person. My goal for my birthday was to beat the one person I’ve never beaten in a game of Words with Friends. This may be futile.
- I still love to write things out on paper versus keeping an electronic copy of things. Trust me when I tell you that I’ve had electronic calendars disappear before.
- I make a mess every time I’m in the kitchen. We’re talking powdered sugar everywhere kind of thing but not just with my baked goods.
- I love music, and I believe there is a song for every occasion.
- I hate to practice. This is the main reason I never got good at things like the flute or saxophone
- I only wash my hair twice a week. I know what some of you are thinking but hear me out. My hair is so naturally dry that if I washed it everyday I’d have no nutrients left in it. I try very hard to keep my hair healthy, which is the main reason I only use dye once every 6 months.
- I don’t like chocolate!
- I love having fresh flowers in the house, and we tend to pick up a bouquet from the farmers market.
- I love anthropology, because it helps us understand why things are a certain way based on the way things were in the past.
- I am really excited for 2015 and all the adventures it will entail.
My Nominations Are:
- Jess Loves This Life
- Kristie Blue Jeans
- Chits and Giggles
- Rainy Days Rubber Ducks
- Sweet catastrophe
- Enjoy Essential
- Near and Far
- Sew My Soul
- Happy As We Know It
- A Cowboy’s Life
- Keeping Up With The Haney’s
My Questions for My Fellow Bloggers
- How did you get started blogging?
- If you weren’t blogging what would you be doing with your free time?
- What’s your favorite blog to read?
- Recommend a book to your readers.
- What’s your pet peeve?
- What was your last great adventure?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
- What’s your favorite app?
- What’s one product you can’t live without?
- Name your favorite fictional character.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
I’m so happy to have been able to participate in the Liebster Award, and I look forward to hearing back from all the lovely people I nominated!