We make many transitions in life, and as I make this one I wanted to review some of the things I’ve learned by being on my own. 32 years of knowledge, stubbornness, and independence have lead me to where I am now. Transitions are rarely easy, but I promise you the things you’ve learned on your own will be a vast help to your new relationship. What other things do you feel are important to know on your own?
2. Balance a checkbook
3. Live on my own
4. Handle credit card debt
5. Entertain others
6. Entertain myself
7. Cook meals for myself and others
8. Clean house
9. Get a job.
10. Make friends
11. Handle power tools
12. Find goods and services that will make my life easier i.e. power, water, AAA
13. Find a good and trustworthy mechanic
14. Dress for the occasion.
15. Understand sports.
16. Play games that will help you meet people make business connections i.e. golf
17. Gather information and make informed decisions
18. Go out alone. (Even though I hate it!)
19. Make conversation with new people.
20. Be flexible with schedules
21. Pick my battles
22. Entertain small children for hours
23. Buy thoughtful gifts
24. Write notes to important people
25. Be okay with change