MAC N CHEESE PIZZA
- 2 c Havarti, shredded
- 2 c Asiago, shredded
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 c milk
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 slices prosciutto, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a medium sauce pan melt butter.
- 2. Whisk in flour and keep it moving for about 5 min.
- 3. Stir in milk and let simmer for 10 min.
- 4. While your milk mixture is simmering, put your pasta on per the instructions on the box. Usually I put the pasta in before it’s boiling and then let set for 10 minutes or until al dente. For this recipe you will also cook the pasta some in the oven.
- 5. Stir in cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- 6. Lay your pizza dough on a cookie sheet and ladle some roux onto the pizza. You will want to spread it with the bottom of the ladle out to the edges of the pizza leaving about 1 in. around all sides.
- 7. Pour the rest of the roux over top of your macaroni and stir.
- 8. Add green chiles.
- 9. Layer the pizza with the mac n cheese mixture.
- 10. Top with onions, tomatoes, and prosciutto.
- 11. Bake until crust is brown around the edges about 10-15 minutes.