ISRAELI SPICED SMOKED TURKEY
- 6 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 6 tablespoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 whole turkey
- 1. Rinse turkey with cold water. Pat dry.
- 2. Cover turkey with rub mixture.
- 3. Put turkey in smoker at 225 degrees until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Temperature should be checked in the thickest portion of the thigh. Our turkey was 14.5 pounds and took approximately 10 hours.
- 4. Let turkey rest at least 10 minutes before carving.