Tis the season for candy and scares. Honestly, I cannot remember the last time I had a trick or treater, but I'd say that my favorite part of Halloween is creating a treat for my friends or coworkers. This year, I decided it might be fun to play with an old favorite. What kid didn't enjoy puppy chow as a kid? I know that I was always excited when I saw it so this year I bought the clear plastic bags and mixed up a reimagined version of this tasty treat.
Today along with this reimagined version of Puppy Chow I am also giving you a printable for your Halloween Treat bags. I hope you enjoy both. You can download the printable here. The printable is made to be punched out with a 2in round hole punch. I printed ours out on orange paper for more Halloween flair.
link parties: Jam Hands
- 9 cups of Rice Chex
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c White Chocolate Wonderful
- 1/4 c butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1. Into a large bowl measure cereal; set aside.
- 2. In 1-quart microwavable bolw, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered on High for 1minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- 3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
What's your favorite kind of peanut butter?