TUNA SALAD MINI SAMMIES
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 1 can tuna (in water not oil)
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp cottage cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sweet pickle juice (I used gherkins)
- 2 sweet gherkins, diced
- 2 tsp dill weed
- 2 tsp slivered almonds
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 loaf sour dough bread flute
- 1. Caramelize one large onion. I suggest a large onion, because it will shrink during cooking. Also, I used a Malbec to deglaze the pan and add a little extra flavor. If you don’t have wine or don’t drink then water will suffice.
- 2. Combine tuna, mayonnaise, cottage cheese, lemon juice, pickle juice, pickles, dill weed, slivered almonds, salt & pepper in a medium bowl and mix til well combined.
- 3. Cut the sour dough flute on the bias making something that looks like a little crostini and top with desired toppings. We used Caramelized onions, avocado, butter lettuce, and an heirloom tomato for ours, but you’ll want to do it suited to your guests and their likes.